jueves, 5 de marzo de 2009

remember Ringo!





Mike Wieringo was born in Italy and raised in Lynchburg, Virginia. He attended Virginia Commonwealth University in Richmond, Virginia, USA, graduating with a degree in Fashion Illustration, and broke into comics as a penciler with the Millennium Publications series Pat Savage and Doc Savage: Doom Dynasty in 1991. Two years later, he penciled the cover of the anthology comic book Negative Burn #1 (1993), from Caliber Press.
Wieringo broke into mainstream publisher DC Comics penciling the cover and co-penciling (with Lee Moder) the 30-page Justice League International lead story in Justice League Quarterly #11 (Summer 1993). Wieringo then penciled a 13-page backup feature starring the superheroines Doctor Light and Ice in Justice League Quarterly #12 (Autumn 1993). In a late 1990s interview, Wieringo recalled that

Brian Stelfreeze and Karl Story, the guys at Gaijin Studios ... lined the [Millennium] job up for me, because I had met them at [comics conventions] over the years and showed them my work. They got some of my samples and sent them to the guy and [he] liked them and gave me the job. ... From there, it was dry for a while, and I did some more samples and took them to [Comic-Con International in] San Diego in 1992, and about October that year, I got a call from Ruben Diaz, who was an assistant editor at DC at the time, [who] asked me to do a Justice League Quarterly story. When I started doing that, they asked me to do another one, and while I was in the process of finishing the second one, they asked me if I'd be interested in taking over The Flash because the artist had just left.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario